Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Inspired By Another

Bird nesting supplies arrived from my dear friend Shelby. She has an etsy shop where she sells the most beautiful wool roving. It comes shaped like a flower!

She had a customer order some of her wool who put it up in the trees so the birds could have colorful soft nests this year. You can see her blog here. It is a lovely blog full of color, love and family. I was so inspired by her post I had to create my own nest supply for the birds.

I tied little pieces of the roving onto a sweet little Maple tree I am babysitting for Shelby. I think it looks so lovely. I love this idea. They are also like little-mama-bird blessings floating on the wind.

Just one problem here at my house. Look at the next photo. I didn't notice it until I uploaded the photo. "Hey I tink I taw a puddytat"

Look at that little rascal of a cat. He thinks it is a birdie diner. I am going to have to keep an eye on that guy.
If you are inspired to fly some nest supplies please share your photos or blog.

Happy nesting!



5 comments:

Ariella said...

Love it!!! Your pictures are lovely. Thank you for visiting my blog :)

Shelby said...

Oh Terry! Sam's tree looks so magical! Maybe you should plant some cat nip under the tree so everyone gets to be happy. I'm always looking for the win/win

:) Love and thanks to you dear love!

Lynn Cohen said...

What a fantastic idea the two of you had. Now I am excited to see the colorful nests that get created by the birds...I will stay tuned.

I love your turquoise door!!!!
And little chair.

And the kitty too. Yes, they love birdy diners. But believe me she'd find them without the help of the flags in the tree. I think they just facinate her as they will the birds. Yes, keep an eye out. Good luck birdies.

I'm also looking forward to see what you create with all that wool, as there is way more there than could fill 100 trees!

Terre Busse said...

I love the idea of filling a 100 trees. Wouldn't that be something.

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Thanks for your compliments on my frog prince...I buy the roving already dyed so I'm not sure what they used for green...maybe parsley..? I love the idea of leaving bits of roving for the birds. I leave dog hair which has been combed out of my labradoodle Griffin