Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Farmer's Market - Lovin' it!

Morning at the Davis Farmer's Market. I am loving it, I feel like I am part of a whole different part of Davis. Love hearing the snippets of conversations as the farmers and other crafters are setting up at 6 am. The lives people have lived!
I have been making small recycled fiber art for the Market.  A friend brought over three bags full of old wool coats.  
 I have been chopping them up and putting them back together into these little pieces of art. 
 I am loving them and having so much fun.  
I am going to be at the Davis Farmer's Market for the next two saturdays - June 2nd and June 9th.  
Then we fly off to France and Italy!  Can't believe I have made this dream happen - and even better I have financed the trip solely with the money from my art.
Stop by and say hi if your at the Market this weekend.

2 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Terry this is all wonderful news. I love seeing your art at the farmers market! Love the recyled old coats too!

I drop off art at the Davis Center on Friday. Are you putting something in the sunflower show again this year?

If I do not see you have a fabulous trip abroad! How terrific that art sales generated enough for this amazing travel opportunity. So happy for you!

farmlady said...

Hi Terry. I'm so glad that you are blogging again. I missed a few posts because I wasn't paying attention, I guess.
And... You are finally going to Europe. Wonderful. Your dream is coming true. I'm so happy for you.