The first of the three show is this Thanksgiving weekend. The Crocker Holiday Art and Craft Festival at the Scottish Rites Temple in Sacramento. November 23rd - Noon to 6pm, November 24th - 10am to 5pm, November 25th - 10am to 4pm. (Just noticed the link to the Festival has the wrong dates and hours).
These are some of the pieces for this show. They are mostly made with recycled materials. The imagines are made with cotton scraps that I save. The backing is made from felted wool coats and sweaters. The buttons come from the sweaters and coats.
I love working with all these great words too. I find I choose words that I want to bring to me. So, I get to play and make beautiful art, AND have therapy all at the same time.
The Crocker puts on a great Festival. It is a great way to start off the Holiday season and support local artists.





2 comments:
You look terrific sitting there at your creating machine! I also love all that thread lined up, all those colors! Is it attached to the wall? I'd be afraid it might fall over! Your art pieces are delightful and glad it's good therapy for you too! Happy Thanksgiving dear friend! Good luck at the show!
If I'm not mistaken, we met long ago in Davis. I have one of your recycled felt pins on my coat. :-) I am living in Oregon now. I wish I could have been around for the show. Your flowers and words are great! Such a fun way to express yourself.
Post a Comment