Monday, February 23, 2009

Millie Knew She Could Fly

This is a piece for my children's school auction.  

I love this cow.  My mom told my siblings and I a story about Millie the Cow when we were little.  Of course it is a story of a cow who wanted to fly. 

In my moms story, Millie is a silly cow who ends up stuck on top of the farmers barn.  She eventually is helped back to earth by the farmer and his tractor.  Millie then says she will never do such a silly thing again.  


But not this Millie, no... this Millie knows she is born for flight.  While my Millie may have her silly moments, she is not a silly cow.  This bovine has all the confidence she needs to heave her two ton body up and over that moon.  In fact this cow isn't content with just jumping over the moon.  This gal is going to stay awhile and explore the stars, the moons, and the mysteries of the universe!  


This piece is made of reclaimed wool sweaters, an old sari, a dress from a second hand store, some new fabric and buttons.

I like her! 

2 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Oh, I like her too! I love the story, yours is the best!
And I love all the little details throughout this piece. Wonderful.
Some lucky person well be happy to take it home from the auction.

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetness, I miss you, I went to sleep last night and I felt Maani there, I felt like I could reach out and touch her. I love your site, so warm and real..
love Jill