Sunday, August 23, 2009

Smell the Pachouli dancing on the Breeze

These are my latest in prayer flags.  I made them to be reminiscent of hippy skirts swaying to music. 
A tribute to the 60's and the "old hippies" out there.  I was 8yrs old when Woodstock was happening.  Just missed coming of age in the 60's.  I would have loved to be a hippy, but was a "granola" instead.  That's what we were in the 70's. 

These prayer flags are all made with repurposed cotton and silk clothing, fibers, yarns and green ribbon. 
Invite a bunch of old hippies to your next garden party... or maybe new hippies, since the 60's seem to be coming back in fashion again.

4 comments:

farmlady said...

Hi Terry, How charming!
I think you've found your calling. These are beautiful and so..., 60's.
I know, I was there.
Rock on, girl...

Lynn Cohen said...

Well I AM an aged hippie and I do love your hippie skirts. I did wear them then...and truth be known I recently found two long skirts in a store that are oh so soft and flowing and have been living in them ever since. I hadn't worn a long skirt in many years. I forgot how freeing it feels to walk in one.

This looks like another good lemonade party happening. If you ever invite me I will wear my long skirt and sandals and flash to the past with many blurry fond memories to share!

Anonymous said...

Hi, yeah for you give a Maani a hug, for she just turned 13.... yeap as of today...

I have been thinking of her and feeling her.. love to both of you, JIll

jill said...

Hi, yeah for you give a Maani a hug, for she just turned 13.... yeap as of today...

I have been thinking of her and feeling her.. love to both of you, JIll