Did you know that Vallejo is full of old historic victorian homes? Neither did I. I received a commission to paint the hills, houses and water front of Vallejo for a women's health center. I thought they just had roller coasters.
Matt played hooky from work one day and we jumped in the car and spent the morning in Vallejo. He driving - me riding shotgun taking pictures of Vallejo - especially the homes in the historic district.
I must say I was quite surprised, usually I see Vallejo at 60 mph from I-80. They just don't build houses with the intimate detail they once did. Here is my interpretation.
2 comments:
Yes, Terry I knew. I was born and raised in Vallejo, CA. Graduated High School there and even knew a guy who later owned one of the houses on Georgia Street, a doctor, in the 1970's. They are beautiful old homes.
I love the Victorians here in Vacaville too and have painted several of them. Never thought of "going home again" to paint the ones in Vallejo.
I like your renditions very much in your fun style!
PS That is some commissioned job too! Bravo!!!
Post a Comment