I don't know a lot about the Tarot cards, so it was interesting to read about the meaning of this card. These pages describe it as both the spiritual or energetic connection of actual lovers AND the coming together of the masculine and feminine halves of ourselves.
As I explored further, I learned it is also about choice. The card indicates that one has come across something, it could be a challenge, a person, or a thing that they have "fallen in love with". When the person discovers this "thing" they know it is for them, even if it means changing ones path to reach it. Here is the choice part. We can choose to change our path or remain. There is often a measure of cost that comes with giving in to this spiritual attraction or in denying it.
When I add ripped pages I try to make sure it doesn't have negative words or meanings. I am not always completely aware of what the actual message is.
So, when I saw this little piece in the center of one of the flowers "bliss of Yearning" I knew that that was the name of this piece. Don't get me wrong, I understand that yearning can also ache. But even the ache feels good in a squirmy way. This piece is more about the bliss part.
I really love the colors in this piece. The passionate pinks and reds in the flowers and the watery emotional blue greens of the vase.
I think it is my new favorite. I love the whole series of vases. Not sure how I will be able to sell them. Just have to hang all eight (and counting) of them in my house until they are ready to go elsewhere.







2 comments:
I enjoy how you find meaning in the pieces you add to your art pieces. I see these seven in a show somewhere all hanging together proudly. Then perhaps you can sell them. Or not. ;-) sometimes owning our art is worth more than the dollars they would bring us.
So true.
Post a Comment