Thursday, October 4, 2012

Autumn Blooming


I finished this last piece.  It didn't turn out how I originally imagined, but I like it just the same.


I love this big pink flower.  When I told my son that each flower represented a part of me.  He immediately assigned each flower an aspect he thought fit.  The big pink one for him was "the mother".  I had been calling that one passion.


This delicate poppy-like flower was compassion for both Keenan and I.


We were both in agreement that this little silly orange flower in the bottom center was my goofy playful side.

I can't remember what he thought the sunflower represented for me.  Originally, I thought of it as the mother, standing tall and firm holding onto all the seeds.


Keenan being very astute assigned the lavender to be my healer side.  He knows lavender is an herb that I have used with the family for healing and relaxation.  I hadn't decided on that one yet - but he is absolutely right.  It is perfect for the healer.  He is an amazing little guy.


And the vase, all soft and round is the container (my physical self) holding some of my many parts.


Autumn Blooming


2 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Terry do link to paint party Friday. I believe you will find many more artists there who will, like me, appreciate your art.
I love your family gestalt process of identifying your many sides and parts!

Janice Kay Schaub said...

you are so lucky to be able to do what you love. I love the colours and the fact that you know what you want to do with your art. I can never find my nitch.
Janice