I am back after a month hiatus. I didn't mean to be gone so long from this blog, but I was really wiped out after the DAC show. I forget how much of myself gets put into each piece. It wiped me out. I loved the show. It was so wonderful to do this show with Jan Schubert. We had a lot of fun hanging the art together, hosting the reception, and finally taking the art down.
I learned something about myself at the reception - I have an inner troll. Jan did a puppet show of the "Three Billy Goats Gruff" (she is a wonderful story teller). I was the troll. All I had to do was "man" the strings on the marionette troll. I didn't have any lines - but afterwards many people commented on my troll facial expressions when ever my troll was on stage. I didn't know what my face was doing because I was concentrating on not tangling the trolls strings - but it must have been pretty funny. One of the dads said to me, as he was leaving the reception - "I will never forget that troll" (head shaking, quirky smile playing on his face). -I think I will stick to the behind the scenes making of art, and let my inner troll play with the sewing machine.

Fall is quickly approaching. The light has changed, the air smells of drying grasses, and my children will be headed off to school again. I am enjoying this change of season, and looking forward to doing more art. I hope to learn the business end of art this year, (I need to make enough money to put a down payment on my italian dream home -a rustic fixer-upper farm house).
Ciao Bellas
Teresa (said with an Italian accent)
3 comments:
Terry, so glad to see you back in blogland. I can only imagine how that wonderful show of yours could drain your energy. Or use a lot of it up anyway. Your art I will say again warmed my heart, entertained my eye, and delighted my soul.
I do hope you are able to sell a lot of it/all of it if that is your wish. It should go well for you. Are you really planning to move to Italy?
And I thank you for your kind remarks about my GDs art that I have quilted for her. And about my other things as well.
Well.... I sure would love to have some property in Italy where we could spend the summers (fixing up the dream farm house) and once the kids are off to college spend more time there.
...or invite women to an artist retreat...
I am a dreamer, but I would like to manifest this dream in some way. I will have to sell a lot more art for that to happen, but I think this is possible.
I sold two of the pieces! Yeah! They both have found lovely homes. I will blog about their new homes asap.
Ciao
Terry
Ohooo..., may I come and visit you when you get your farmhouse in Italy. I'll even help you paint or garden. have you ever read "A Year in Provence"? If you haven't you must.
Keep the dream!!
Post a Comment