I love these cutie pies. They are made with mostly reclaimed fabric - old skirts, dresses and test pieces for dyeing. The skulls are made from cotton lace that I dyed with black tea.
I got the idea from Kelli Perkins new book - called "Stitch Alchemy". She made some Day of the Dead cards with these skulls. I love Kelli Perkins work. It is bright festive and whimsical.... hey so is mine. No wonder I like her stuff so much. She however, is a whiz with the free stitching. I still need a little more time and projects under my belt. I am getting there though.
These beauties now have a place of honor in our house, above the piano.

Check out her art if you haven't seen it before. Hopefully I got the links hooked up right.
These beauties now have a place of honor in our house, above the piano.
Check out her art if you haven't seen it before. Hopefully I got the links hooked up right.Tootles
3 comments:
Terry I hope you sent her photos your flags as they are top knotch in all ways. At first I was going to say they were too scary, but just kidding they are adorable scary.
Love the colors and your whimsical style. I happen to know first hand that your stitchery is perfectly wonderful, being the proud owner of one of your wall hangings, and gay flowers. (also a happy ETSY shopper of your delightful greeting cards and wooly bits!!!)
I tell all my friends to support other artists ETSY shops!AND I give them YOUR shop name.
Thanks Lynn!
I do love these flags..., and now a Halloween one. This is just wonderful! Can't wait to see what the holidays bring.
I sure love my prayer flags with the pockets.
Post a Comment