Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tea Party Lovelies

Look at these little lovelies I found.  The top tea cup and the bottom one are 88 year old treasures.  Not sure about the middle tea cup.  I ordered these from an etsy store called FabricatedFamily.  You should take a look at the lovely vintage treasures she carries.  I was just going to order two teacups but....
...got so carried away I ordered six of the yellow daisy ones and just the one of the roses (it was her last).   I am so happy I did.  these tea cups feel so exquisite in your palm when you hold them.  These tea cups are defiantly from a time gone by.  But they remind me that life can be slow and lovely, with plenty of time to enjoy the beauty all around me.
Seeing them I just want to take a deep breath and smile.  I feel softer looking at them.

Time for a tea party now.

3 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Terry your tea cups are delicious.
I have some that were my mom's some that were my grandmas and some that were my mom in laws.
Old china is wonderful to own.

Your package arrived today! That was very fast. I appreciate that too. And I appreciate all the extras you tossed in the huge box.
Amazing stuff and I know it will get used over time. Thanks so very very much. You are very generous and I very appreciative.

I have a friend who lives on your street. (Cherryene and Avivah)...
How about that?!!!

farmlady said...

Well take a deep breath, sit down and have some tea. These are beautiful! Old china is so special. Think of who might have held it over the many years. Think who took such good care of it that it's still in one piece.(No cleaning in a dishwasher. The gold will turn brown.)
I love the yellow daisy set. Good buying.

Terre Busse said...

Thanks for the dish washer tip - although I don't think I would out these lovelies in the washer.

Yes, Lynn I know them well, they live at the other end of the street.
Terry