Wednesday, January 21, 2009

They'll Get Candy















Last night as I was tucking the children into bed, my six year old says with concern in his voice,

"Mom, ya know the two girls in the White House?"
"Yeah?"
"How will they get candy now?"
Smile, "They'll get candy, but your right, things will be different for the girls now that their dad is the president."

What a day!  It was amazing.  I am still so full of hope and excitement for our country.  Everyone around me, everywhere I go has been talking about it.  There is such positive hope and energy in the air - and everyone feels a part of it.  They all want to be involved and feel like Obama called out to each one of us to help bring our country back on her feet.

Exciting times!

2 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

I wonder why your son thought they may not get candy now? I'd love to get inside children's heads to figure out their thoughts.
Did you happen to see the interview with young children (and a few teens) speaking about their views having Obama as President? It was mingboggling how much they knew about the state of our ecomonic sitation and other real life issues. And so cute too.

Yes, I am right there with you with spinning head and excitement and HOPE Terry.

farmlady said...

It was amazing and yesterday was only the beginning.