Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Odile Bource - A Heart Conncetion

After lunch yesterday in Lizio we walked around the village.  It truely was a magical afternoon.  The village was so beautiful (flowers hanging off of every building and the old stone work) and the sun finally made it through the high clouds.
We came to an open door.  It looked like a little art gallery.  I went past at first - feeling a little shy to go inside.  My brave self decided to go back and in I went.  I was drawn by these three paintings on the wall.  It was the colors that drew me in - pinks, oranges, reds and yellows.
I was met by this woman - Odile Bource.  I liked her at once.  You know how some people you just connect with on a heart level and you don't know why.  That's how it was.  I liked her (Melena later said, "Mom, she could have been your friend").

Her english was better then my french - but not by much.  She told me about the picture she was painting and how she was born in Vannes on the coast, but was offered this studio space for inexpensive and so she is now artist in residence in Lizio.

She had some copies of prints.  I was looking to see if she had some of the images that I was drawn to.  She didn't.  I asked the price of the original.  It was way out of my ability to pay.  I told her this in my pidgin french.  She cut her price in half. 
Of couse I bought it.  The painting is of her cat sitting on a book, surrounded by the most beautiful colors and flowers.  She told me how her cat had died this past April.  We both started crying.  Then we would look at each other and start laughing, then crying again.  It must have been a comical sight, hugging, kissing, crying, laughing and doing it all again. 
It was hard for both of us to part - we kept holding each other.  Our hearts truely met.  She told me how she creates from her heart.  She kept telling me "It was a very good meeting" - I felt the same.  It was amazing.  Our hearts connected.  Hard to really describe in words. 

So now I am bringing this painting home.
I am still smiling.
Signing out as "an ancient intergalactic spirital tidal wave of love and energy having a human experience"
;)

3 comments:

patti said...

Just beautiful Terry! Love the painting! Amazing what life can bring us!

Lynn Cohen said...

Terry she even kind of looks like you like she could be a family member. I hope you keep a connection going via mail or blogs or something. I came close to crying and did laugh reading this aloud to my husband.
What a beautiful day that was, what wonderful art she makes, and I am so happy for you to now be able to own a piece. I hope I get to see it one day!

farmlady said...

That kind of connection with someone is amazing and kind of overwhelming. It goes beyond language.
Stay in touch with her. There is a reason for this.
The painting is beautiful. The color and style is so reminiscence of the impressionist Paul Cezanne with Gauguin color.
I'm so glad you bought her painting and I'm SO happy that you are there... in France.
Enjoy...