Friday, August 24, 2012

Gifted With The Look That Engenders

A new piece.  Inspired by a passage I read in Italy about being seen.  How one of our greatest gifts as humans is to see one another.
I took Jean Houston's passage and shortened and added to it to "fit" to my image.
"To be looked at is to be gifted with the look that engenders.  You feel yourself primed at the depths of your soul by such seeing.  Something so tremendous and yet so subtle wakes up inside that you are released, opened, whole."
 I felt a lot of joy and gratitude in creating this piece.
This flower is me - the bursting peach :)
The finished piece.

2 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Beautiful T. Now you are painting too. I love this.

farmlady said...

When you feel that what you create is a part of you, it becomes so much more than art. It is expression. It is your soul.
You are truly gifted.