Saturday, September 8, 2012

Dreaming of Houses

Houses often appear in my dreams.  I have come to think of them as a metaphor for Me and how I am feeling.
Sometimes they are actual houses that I have lived in, but I will have discovered a hidden room I didn't know existed.  Those rooms have been both scary and joyous over the years.

For the most part I love my house dreams.  They are a barometer of how I am inside.  It seems like our feelings would be obvious, but sometimes it is a dream with a troubled house to provide insight into my deeper self.

I love painting and creating houses.  Here is my latest house.  It is a happy house, full of light and joy.

I really like the soil on this piece and the details in the sky.  I did add some more designs on the house that you can't see here.

I'd like to hang out on the upper balcony, that I am sure is over looking the sea, and watch the sun dip below the horizon.

2 comments:

farmlady said...

Beautiful paintings! I'm always enamored by your talent... the charming ideas and the amazing color.
Dreams of houses are definitely a reflection of our mental state. I tend to dream about my life as it is now, only I'm still living in my childhood home. Interesting isn't it?
The stories, or dreams, are never as colorful as your paintings. Wish they were. Maybe that's why I'm a photographer.
Lovely post.

Lynn Cohen said...

I just looked at the flowers below again close up and not in a hurry. It's awesome. I see the bits of newsprint behind the flower petals; I see your table of paints and your feet. I see YOU much more than I did before, a fleeting look when time was more scarce.

Now I see and hear the HOUSE YOU!

So much here to know.

I think you need, deserve a wider audience. I invite you to join a blog called Paint Party Friday where 50-90 artists participate each week and many visit each others blogs to see what they have created that week and leave comments. It's nice to be SEEN and HEARD that way. The icon for it is on my sidebar. Check it out. I hope you will. You deserve to be seen MORE!