Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Flowers in the Studio

Loving these new pieces.  I am having so much fun creating them, just seeing what appears on the pages.  Mostly working with colors that I am drawn to.  Also wanting big, soft, round shapes.


This one will be the last new one for this show coming up Friday.  I will be at First Street Real Estate on 1st Street downtown Davis for the 2nd Friday ArtAbout (9/14/12).  Reception 5:30 to 8:00.  Stop by and say "hi" if you are downtown Friday.


Will start framing these five tonight - nothing like cutting it close to the wire.  I will hang them Thursday.


I think these three are my favorite.  I am calling the series "Pages from Her Diary" Each of the paintings has some words from my heart, you can't always see what it says, but I know they are there and it adds to the piece for me.


2 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

These are all so charming. Now, truth? Do you paint with your toes?
;-) Sorry, couldn't resist!
Hope you sell some at the Walkabout! Have fun there!

farmlady said...

Oh these lovely paintings and all the color. You have color inside of you.
Love the bare feet.
Hope you sell them all.