Sunday, September 9, 2012

Full and Round

Painting vases and flowers.  Feeling full and round.  I love the wonky vases and the fullness of the flowers.  The curvy lines feel very feminine and romantic.
 I like to think of myself as the vase in this painting.  Love the frilly top of the vase.  This painting is inspired from the first flower vase picture - "Looks that engender" image.
This next one was painted with my best friend in mind.  She listens to all that I am and loves me through all my shades, even my not so pretty ones.
I really like this vase to.  Like a curvy woman.
The finished piece.  The words in this one are a quote from Shakespeare on friendship.
"A friend is one who understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still gently allows you to grow."

1 comment:

farmlady said...

I like the first painting the best but painting the second one for your friend is so sweet... and is probably the most filled with feelings.
Love the color... and what is there about flowers in a vase? It's so inviting.