Thursday, June 26, 2008

Blue Ribbon Pie



















Donkey has a secret recipe
From her dear ole' Aunt Bligh
Mix chocolate and sweet cherries
Add crust and call it pie.


This beautiful donkey is inspired from Pino a real donkey who can really bake pies.  He even has his own blog.  He and his people are baking pies and selling aprons this saturday - June 28th - to raise money and awareness for Pino's not profit organization to help those who are isolated or ill.  Please check out his blog to learn more. 
donkey-dreams.blogspot.com

This is another piece for the DAC August art show.  The donkey and the pie are all made from recycled wool sweaters that I felted.  All the cotton fabric on this piece is new.  

I love this little donkey gal.  I think she is an italian donkey, by the coloring of the background and the fabric her apron is made from.  Plus, I have been dreaming italian lately.

Ciao Bella Donkey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear terri, you are of the dreamers, and your work inspires me so, i will
send you the story of the peach... please keep dreaming and creating, for you hold the seed of Joy,

love jill

Katherine Dunn/Apifera Farm said...

Pino loves Bella! Oh, he says, chocolate and pie....

farmlady said...

Oh! Sweet Pino and the pies. I love that donkey! K. Dunn and Apifera Farm has always been one of my favorite blogs.

I want a donkey
Sweet and shy
To love and dream with
And deliver a pie.