
Every spring the mocking birds return to our part of the earth.
To me the mocking birds song is perfect. I can close my eyes and imagine I am on a tropical island somewhere. Or somewhere romantic - like a small tuscan village.
I created this piece while the mocking bird out my studio window sang the morning awake.
It was a beautiful crisp spring morning. The children were tucked lovingly into their waldorf school. I had a delicious cup of black tea with cream and knew the morning was mine to create.
I use a lot of recycled materials in my artwork. Most, if not all, of
the materials for this piece are recycled.

The background, bird and stems are from felted wool sweaters and the flowers are from
old dresses. The "doo-das" hanging on each side are scraps of felted wool from other art pieces.


No comments:
Post a Comment