Camp was great - as always. We even got a little rain, which felt great, coming from the heat of the valley. Every year we go to Standford Sierra Camp (for Standford Alumni - my father-in-law is the alum) It is a camp for the whole family. We stay in sweet little cabins. They have adventures for young and old. Hiking, art, lectures, singing, disco bingo, kids groups....
This year there we a lot of bears in camp, due to the Angora fire from last summer. It burned all their home lands so they were over the ridge on the same side as the camp. Quiet exciting for some of the campers. Unfortunately we never saw a bear. We kept hoping too, but I think we went to bed to early for bears.
We found some great swimming holes up in the falls above camp. We had a great time until I noticed little leaches on the kids, then we were a bit grossed out. "Don't freak out guys, but there are little creatures all over you." "AAAAhhhhhh!" A great time was had by all.



2 comments:
Well, what an adventure. I liked it all but the leaches of course. And the fear of bears would have been a bit daunting for me, but otherwise, it does sound like great fun. I love the idea of it being multi generational.
Our kids go to family camp too, but we grands have yet to be invited. I told my daughter about your camp and how grandparents went too, but it still didn't spark an invite...maybe the hint will sink in for next year...one can hope!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
Glad you had such a great time. I'm not so sure about the leaches though. Yucky!
So glad you back.
Post a Comment