We have a little friend living in our pine tree. I really love her.She hangs out in the tree most of the day resting, then around twilight we can hear her twittering as she flies overhead in search of her dinner.
Usually when I go over to have a peak at her, which is fairly often, she too is checking me out. I am a little surprised that she hasn't found a new home, for our family isn't the quietest one.
But I am glad she stays.
4 comments:
There is a incredibly tall fir by our house, next to a pond in an old pear and apple orchard. An old Burlington Northern railway goes by it, which has been turned into a trail..A HUGE barn owl lives in it, summer and spring, with tufts over each ear. I used to take my dogs, or boys(depending on who could be most quiet...)and sit in the twilight to watch him swoop over the pond, and listen to him hoot. Makes me smile each and everytime!
We have burrowing owls in Vacaville, but I put one of them in a tree in my Night Owl quilt.
Your barn owl is beautiful. Do you think you might quilt him too? I'm sure you could do him justice.
Yes I saw your night owl quilt. I really loved the tree and the leaves. I have thought about adding this lovely owl into one of my stories, but haven't yet.
Glad you liked my tree and leaves...yes, your owl would be beautiful felted or appliqued or however you'd decide to create her.
Post a Comment