This is going to be my next piece for the DAC show, although it is more of a story for "old birds" rather then the bambinis. I am excited to make this one. These pieces that I make for women/mamas are the ones that really nourish my heart. I suppose these are the ones that I make for myself, about my self, and about all the great wonderful women and mamas out there.


There is something very lovely and sacred about being a woman and the journeys we travel. Especially when children are in our lives.
For me, having children opened doorways within me that I would not have otherwise discovered.
These doorways have rarely been what I expected and sometimes they have been downright scary. My children have brought me to such a beautiful place in life.
Here I have been going on about the journey of mamma-hood, I forgot about my picture. They story that goes with this one is:
"Longtime Pals"
They spent the long hot afternoon in the garden.
Laughing and eating strawberries in the shade of a giant sunflower.
Millie and Tally have been bosom buddies since kindergarden.
Each has seen the best and the worst in each other.
They have held each others hearts in joy and pain.
Roosters have come and gone.
Their chicks are all grown.
And still, these old birds are the dearest and the best-est of friends.

1 comment:
This is a very nice post; especially about your children.
I love that you used hens for the old friends.
This"Old hen" understands.
Post a Comment