Friday, April 3, 2009

Chickens?

These sweaters are getting ready to hatch into full grown chickens.  

Went thrift store searching and found these lovelies.  I love the colors and they are all nice soft merino wool.  Perfect for the birth of my menopausal gals.  Although I sense there may be a few spring chickens in this bunch.

I am going to participate in the Whole Earth Festival at UCD again this Mothers Day weekend and the hens will be making a comeback.  
I felted the sweaters in my washing machine so I can now cut them up without unraveling.
Stay tuned for further progress.

3 comments:

farmlady said...

Only you would look at sweaters and envision felt chickens. Can't wait to see them.

Lynn Cohen said...

I am invisioning a whole barn yard of pink and purple chickens. Can't wait. Where to go in Davis on Mothers's Day??? to see them?

Terre Busse said...

UC Davis has a huge festival on Mother's Day weekend. Fri, sat and sun. Lots of great fun music and vendors. Many women come with their girlfriends, mothers and daughters. It is a blast. May 8, 9 and 10. When I know more about where my booth is I will post more.