Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Buttons and Sunflowers
















My dear friend Shelby has begun making Beautiful ceramic buttons.  Check out her etsy shop.  She even names her buttons after her friends and family.  I believe this green button is called the Terry button.  Named after me!

This is one of my new pieces for the Whole Earth Festival in Davis on May 8, 9, and 10.

The blue background on this piece is an old blue silk sari from my friend Jeannie.  She just couldn't throw it away (it was well worn) and knew I would be able to reuse it - and I did.   

2 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

I love your flowers and buttons. I love how you piece things together such a lovely picture it makes.
I want to come to the Festival and will! Where exactly is the location in Davis please. Thanks. I'll see you there!!!

Shelby said...

WOWOW! These sunflowers are gorgeous!
And the buttons look great :-)